Wednesday, December 12, 2012

First Words!!!

Last week my mom was over visiting the babies, as she calls our 3 Little Girls...she sneaks over at least one morning a week...just to visit...not me, but them and I LOVE IT!!!!

It was so funny, Kate and my mom had matching hairdos- the blonde hair on the sides of their heads was "winging" out, so to speak...Mom blamed the humidity...

The weather was warm and beautiful so Mom suggested we hang out on the front porch...we could hear a Fire Truck's sirens coming down the street and Anna proudly says, "Fire Truck", then Sarah says it and both Mom and I discuss the fire truck as it is getting closer...Baby Kate was sitting on Mom's lap and clear as a bell, she says, "Fire Truck"...Mom and I looked at each other- in complete disbelief and confirmed the other one heard Kate say, "Fire Truck"...

On Saturday night, I was taking the usual "Chair Photo" of Kate and as soon as I placed her in the chair and grabbed the camera, she started grinning and saying "Eeeeese" for "Cheese" which is what her siblings say to her to get her to smile for pictures...

Then Sunday morning, Kate was swinging in her chair and Pat walked into the room...Kate says, "Hi Dad" very matter of factly...I immediately asked Lizzy and Pat, both of whom were in the room, what Kate said and they both said, "Hi Dad"...If I hadn't heard it myself and had both of them confirm it, I never would have believed it...

Baby Kate has "officially" been deemed a Genius by her maternal grandmother!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment